Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Secret to Eric Sprott's Success

I think the secret to success is being an analyst, recognizing value, wanting to buy things that can go up a very large amount. I always thought I will never buy a stock unless I think it can go up at least 100% within the first two years. Of course opportunities do come along where you can imagine, “Well, this could go up 1000% or 2000%,” because you’re really early.
It’s interesting that we just talked about situations where I’m imagining the stock could go up 2000% here. That’s the sort of thing I’m looking for and it’s not an easy path because some of the companies don’t do as well as you expect. Some economic developments come along that affect how people treat the stock market. But when it wins, it’s such a huge payoff that it’s not that difficult to increase your wealth exponentially and I think maybe that’s the reason my wealth has increased exponentially.

- Source, Gold Seek: